PRO-NOX™ Nitrous Oxide System
At Georgia Urology, we are pleased to offer the PRO-NOX™ Nitrous Oxide System to assist with potential anxiety or discomfort that may be associated with your medical procedure.
The PRO-NOX™ Nitrous Oxide System is currently available at our Marietta, Cumming (Forsyth), and Braselton locations.
What Is the PRO-NOX™ Nitrous Oxide System?
The 50% N20 and 50% O2 acts as an effective analgesic that provides quick pain relief and recovery while giving the patient a sense of control.
What Are the Benefits of Using the PRO-NOX™ Nitrous Oxide System?
- Proven effective and safe – This system has been used for decades to manage pain discomfort.
- Patient administered – Empowers the patient to respond to their pain and anxiety when they need it.
- Quick onset – Takes effects in seconds and provides immediate relief. You will likely feel relaxed and less anxious, therefore, more comfort and improved coping ability.
- Short duration of effect – Clears from the body within minutes.
- Speeds patients’ recovery allowing them to drive to and from their procedure.
- Non-invasive – The system is easy to administer and set-up.
- Improves patient satisfaction scores.
- Low cost to use and minimal disposable cost.
How Does the PRO-NOX™ Nitrous Oxide System Work?
The gas is delivered through a machine at your bedside. The machine has a one-way valve so you can only breathe the gases when you take a breath.
The following are safety features of the PRO-NOX™ System:
- Fixed 50/50 N2O (Nitrous Oxide) and O2 (Oxygen) delivery.
- Internal on-demand valve.
- Superior infection control – There are no attached parts that need to be wiped down or have a chance to break down or get lost. All important working parts of the system are located inside the mixer.
- Single-patient use circuit with a one-way valve.
- Safety shut off when gas pressure is too low to deliver the 50/50 mix.
- Patient self-administered.
Does the PRO-NOX™ Nitrous Oxide System Have Side Effects?
The PRO-NOX system does not have lasting side effects. The most common side effect is nausea, which can be quickly eliminated by taking a few deep breaths without a mask.