Tips to Prepare for a Successful Telemedicine Visit
Support for your Telemed Visit: 1.720.510.2910
If you need to make a change to your visit, please call your local Georgia Urology office.
For the best experience, think of your telemedicine appointment just like a visit to the exam room in your physician’s office: a quiet, private, distraction-free environment works best. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your telemedicine appointment:
Before Your Visit, Ensure Your Equipment Is Working
- For Smartphones, check your camera and microphone and know how to operate it so the camera and screen is facing you. It’s commonly referred to as Selfie Mode
- For computers, verify your speakers, microphone and camera are functioning
- Verify that your volume is turned up so you can hear during the visit
- Check that your battery is sufficiently charged if you are using a laptop or SmartPhone
- Close all other applications/apps. This will improve the video quality and reduce battery consumption
- Use your smartphone on a WiFi network to improve the video and audio quality
- If you are unfamiliar with your equipment, ask a family member or friend to assist you
TEST YOUR EQUIPMENT PRIOR TO A TELEMEDICINE VISIT USING OTTO HEALTH’S “TEST YOUR DEVICE” FUNCTION.
Prepare Your Space Where You Will Have Your Virtual Visit
- Choose a quiet, private, well-lit room for the visit. You’ll be reviewing personal medical information, so make sure you have privacy for the visit
- Avoid having your back to a bright window or other distracting backgrounds, and avoid backlighting – it’ll make your image look dark
- If available, use a mobile phone stand on a solid surface. It’s best to have the stand set so the phone is at eye level. Avoid moving the phone or camera during the visit unless the physician needs you to.
- Check your browser requirements.
- Windows – Firefox, Chrome (Note: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are not supported currently)
- Apple OSX – Firefox, Chrome, Safari 11+
- Chrome OS – Chrome
- Mobile Phone/Tablet:
- Apple iOS – Safari 11+
- Android – Chrome
HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING YOUR DEVICE? VISIT OTTO HEALTH TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
- Turn off other devices that may cause distractions during the visit such as TV’s, radios, or household appliances
- If you have family members or guests in the house with you, ask them in advance to limit conversation during your visit
- If you have pets, they are welcome to your visit too! Dogs tend to bark when their loving human is out of sight, feel free to have them join you if needed to lower their anxiety. You know your furry friend best!
- Consider using a headset during the visit so you and your physician can easily hear one another
- Set your phone to silent and if possible, turn off other application notifications
Scenarios to Avoid
- Conducting your visit in your vehicle, especially while driving! A car may not be appropriate for your type of visit, and your physician may need you to move or change position during the visit
- Walking and moving. While we have grown accustomed to various video calls with friends and family, a visit with your physician should be held in a quiet, private, well-lit room while sitting
- Having your visit at work in your cubicle, break room or other common area. We also do not want you to get in trouble with your employer! Your employer may support your telemedicine visit and provide a quiet, private room for you to have it. Check with them before your visit
- Connecting to your appointment in a restaurant, gym, park or other public location
- Answering text, email, or your phone during your visit. Your time is valuable, and we want you to have the best possible outcome and we can do that together by being engaged in our favorite subject – YOU!